Monday, November 1, 2010

Why Speed Freaks?

Alt: What is the blog about?

Well, when my favorite mecha game had it's servers shut down by a company known for pushing terrible games and letting good games stagnate, I had to look for an alternative.  I had heard about DoW, but my computer couldn't run it, so I started looking into the tabletop game.  I hadn't built or painted a model in forever, but I had played the Mechwarrior Clix game back when that was a thing, and I remembered having fun even when I lost all the time, this couldn't be much different right?

So after haunting Dakkadakka and poking around on the internet, I fell in love with the orks, but not just any orks, the Speed Freaks.  Orks who are obsessed with going fast.  Because I too like my games to be fast, I love flying/racing games, even inside a slow-paced mech game I find ways to go faster!  Gradually, I have come to like two other armies, and am in the process of buying one (I'll buy the third when they get a new codex)

I like Orks, Marines, and Eldar, because they do what I like to do in 40k, zoom around the table while blowing things up.  Naturally my orks are the Wagon Blitz variety (with a few trukks for flavor), my Marines are mostly mechanized, with a little of a static element.  My eldar...well, idk, but they will certainly be heavily Saim-hann themed when I ever build them.

My progress on the marines is slow, but steady, just need more rhinos, my orks are mostly done, in fact I can field a close to fully painted (not well painted...just fully) mech-ork army.  It does well enough, but it needs more options, like a biker boss and a sneaky-boss (Projects I am working on)

No comments:

Post a Comment